Sexual Health FAQs
- What are STDs?
- How common are STDs?
- Why should I take an STD test?
- Do I need routine STD testing if I always use condoms?
- Should I get tested straight after a potential exposure?
- Should my sexual partner also get tested?
- How often should I take an STD test?
- What STDs does DNA Family Check screen for?
- How do I test myself with DNA Family Check’s at-home STD tests?
- What are the symptoms of the STDs tested by DNA Family Check?
- How are STDs treated?
- Who is at increased risk of an STD?
- What are ways to reduce the risk of an STD?
- Why test at home instead of testing at a local clinic?
- Will alcohol consumption affect my STD test result?
- Will my current medications and supplements affect my STD test result?
- I have been treated for an STD, do I need a retest?
- If I test positive for an STD, what are my next steps?
- What should I do if I test negative for an STD but I am still experiencing symptoms?
- Should I still consult with a healthcare provider about my sexual health concerns?
- How do I know if my vaginal discharge is normal?
- Can I contract the same STD again after treatment?